There are 195 countries in the world, if you include the 193 members of the UN and two observer states. Of these 195 nations, there are 41 with more vowels* than consonants in their names. Here’s a short quiz about those 41 names:
- What is the longest country name of this type?
- What is the shortest country name of this type? (hint: there’s more than one)
- Which continent houses most of the countries with this name type?
- Which letter of the alphabet starts most of these country names?
Feel free to take some guesses in the comments section below. Answers will be posted tomorrow …
* y is not counted as a vowel for the purposes of this quiz